Do I Have an Assisted Living Injury Claim?

Sometimes the decision to place a loved one in assisted living can be very difficult. When you make this choice, you are trusting professionals who promise to care for, nurture, and support your family member during their time of need. Unfortunately, elder abuse in assisted living facilities is a problem that many families face. Whether from neglect or physical violence, any injury sustained while residing in an assisted living community can warrant legal action. Our Florida assisted living injuries attorneys at Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath are dedicated to helping families during these painful times.

If your loved one suffered any of the following, contact our experienced attorneys today:

  • Financial exploitation
  • Unnecessary medical procedures
  • Physical or emotional abuse
  • Neglect

Don’t allow healthcare professionals to continue exploiting, abusing, and neglecting the elderly. If you suspect an assisted living facility is harming their residents, speak out right away; you could save a life.

Protecting The Rights of Assisted Living Residents

My parents were injured at an assisted living facility. What should I do? When you discover that your loved one is receiving poor care or is a victim of abuse or neglect, it’s critical that you get legal help right away to ensure proper steps are taken. Once your loved one is safe, we will pursue a case that helps your family recover damages while holding the at-fault party responsible. Just like other personal injury or medical malpractice cases, negligence must be proven by showing the existence of four factors:

1. An established relationship between the caregiver and the patient
2. A breach of a caregiver’s duty to provide reasonable or a standard level of care
3. Injury or other damages occurred as a direct result of the caregiver’s breach of duty
4. Injury or other damages do indeed exist

Whether a claim is considered “personal injury” or “medical malpractice” depends on the type of relationship that is established between the caregiver and the patient.

What type of claim do I have? The two most common claims that can be made are Nursing Home/Assisted Living Negligence and Elder Abuse. Our assisted living injuries lawyers will investigate your claim to determine the best course of action for your case.

Elder abuse and neglect is especially heartbreaking. Our dedicated staff at Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey &Fronrathare experienced at unraveling the details of complex negligence and abuse cases. We can help you hold a negligent or abusive facility or caretaker responsible for their actions and win you fair compensation for your medical expenses and other losses.

If you need an assisted living abuse lawyer in West Palm Beach, contact us today for a free initial consultation.

At Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey &Fronrath, we do everything we can to make complicated legal issues as simple as possible. We offer several options for learning more about Florida assisted living injury claims. All of our contact information can be found HERE . You can also use the Live Chat on our Home Page to ask any questions or discuss any concerns you may have with one of our knowledgeable representatives. To speak to someone by phone, call our number (561) 655-1990.