Florida Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer
As people get older, many move into nursing homes for care and compassion during their later years of life. Sadly, evidence shows that more than 50% of nursing homes in the United States are understaffed and one third of employees have been caught abusing or neglecting residents. Unfortunately, only 20% of nursing home abuse is ever reported.
Our team of West Palm Beach nursing home negligence lawyers have handled numerous cases that deal with the following types of abuse and neglect:
- Failing to properly turn residents causing skin breakdown
- Failing to monitor nutrition
- Failing to guard against falls
- Failing to protect residents from being physically and verbally abused by the staff
- Medication errors
- The use of restraints for discipline or convenience
Our law firm has compiled resources to help you choose the right nursing home for your loved one. The following websites allow you to compare nursing homes and check for any health or safety violations.
- Medicare Nursing Home Compare
- Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration: Nursing Home Watch List
- Important Medical Malpractice Information You Should Know
- Important Nursing Home Neglect Information
If you suspect that someone dear to you is suffering from any form of abuse or neglect at the hands of nursing home staff, you should immediately contact the Florida Abuse Hotline at 1-800-96-ABUSE and, if urgent medical attention is necessary, call 911 or take the victim to the hospital. When your loved one is out of harm’s way, please call an experienced West Palm Beach nursing home negligence attorney at the law firm of Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath.
LRSI&F is dedicated to protecting the rights of nursing home patients. Through professional associations such as the Florida Justice Association, we have successfully lobbied for those rights in the courtroom and in legislature, as well.
We understand the sensitivity of elder abuse cases and promise that you will be treated with the utmost respect.Please contact a professional West Palm Beach medical malpractice lawyer from the law firm of Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath today to discuss your situation. We are here to help you.