Do I Have a Cerebral Palsy Compensation Claim?
Cerebral palsy is the most common motor disorder affecting babies and children, occurring in up to 4 of each 1000 births in the U.S. Many of these cases are directly caused by preventable medical error and neglect. If your child developed cerebral palsy because of medical negligence, those at fault should be held responsible for the pain, suffering, and medical expenses your family have incurred.
Cerebral palsy is one of the most common birth injures and can be caused by:
- Failure to recognize and treat seizures occurring after birth
- Failure to recognize the baby being strangled by the umbilical cord
- Incorrect use of forceps during delivery
- Leaving the baby in the birth canal for an extended period of time
- Not ordering a cesarean section when necessary
- Not recognizing and treating jaundice or meningitis in a reasonable amount of time
- Backwards delivery
- Other instances when the baby’s brain is deprived of oxygen
If you need a Florida cerebral palsy lawyer, our experienced medical malpractice attorneys are here for you.
Maximizing Your Cerebral Palsy Settlement
If cerebral palsy has no cure, what can I gain from filing a claim? When dealing with the devastation you currently face, you might feel that the last thing you want is a costly or complicated legal battle. Though understandable, there are many reasons why going after a fair cerebral palsy settlement is in your best interest.
- Compensation to Aid Adjustment: If your child suffers from CP, having help with the resulting financial strain can be important to ensure that your child gets the care they need. This can include things like special equipment, coverage for lifelong medical expenses, special education funds, and even psychological counseling services for the whole family
- Promotion of Medical Accountability: When a child is injured because of the negligence of a medical professional, that person or entity shouldn’t walk away without any repercussions. By pursuing a cerebral palsy settlement, you are not only holding the at-fault parties accountable but also helping to prevent others from suffering at their hands.
Our mission at Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey &Fronrath is to stand up for victims of medical malpractice in Florida. We take a special interest in each and every case, dedicating ourselves to the cause of justice and helping those in need.
If your baby has been victimized by a doctor or nurse, contact us for a free legal consultation.
At Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath, we do everything we can to make complicated legal issues as simple as possible. We offer several options for learning more about Florida medical malpractice. All of our contact information can be found HERE. You can also use the Live Chat on our Home Page to ask any questions or discuss any concerns you may have with one of our knowledgeable representatives. To speak to someone by phone, call our number (561) 655-1990.