You may have a case if you or a loved one has been injured in an accident.  The attorneys at the law firm of Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath are committed to helping individuals to understand their rights in cases where an accident that caused an injury or death occurred.  In some instances, people are unaware that they could receive compensation if they suffered from serious injury or lost a loved one because of a defective product or the negligence of others.

Every Florida injury attorney at For Your Rights is experienced with a high level of expertise in the complexities of accident and injury cases in Florida as well as other areas in the United States. And, because we are committed to helping those who are questioning whether or not they have a case, we have provided the following suggestions.

If you did not cause the Accident

If you were injured in an accident because of the negligence, recklessness or unlawful practice of another person, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and accompanying costs. On the other hand, if you were the primary cause of the accident, you do not have a legal case.

You have been contacted by an insurance representative

Contact Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath and speak to a qualified injury attorney before admitting to fault or signing any document relevant to an incident in which you were injured. The insurance representative of the other party involved in an accident may contact you as a way to diminish their client’s responsibility for the accident or injury. They may also pressure you into settling quickly for much less than you should be compensated for your medical bills and losses. As such, it is important that you explore your rights with the help of a knowledgeable attorney that can help you to…

a) Communicate appropriately with insurance providers
b) Help you take the necessary sequential steps towards getting compensated.
c) Guide you through the legal process going forward.

You may need medical care for your injuries

Many individuals experience chronic pain as a result of an injury that was not apparent at the time of the accident. As a result, it is important to seek medical attention immediately after an accident for a thorough evaluation. In serious injuries that require surgery, long term care and loss of physical capabilities, this can result in extensive financial burden on the individual and the family unit.

In some instances, your insurance policy may not cover all the cost of medical care related to those injuries sustained in an accident. However, when an accident is caused by another, the individual and their insurance company are legally responsible to pay for any resulting physical and financial losses to the victim. You can present an effective case for compensation with the help of an accident attorney.

What happens if I miss work due to my injury?

In cases of severe injury, most people are unable to work. As a result, they may loss income for the duration of their absence from regular employment which could translate into days, weeks or months. In some instance, their injury is severe enough to cause permanent disability that precludes former work activities.In cases where income loss is extreme or complete, it will require a qualified accident attorney to compute the costs of your injury both in medical bills and loss of income.

What if I am disabled because of an accident?

Whether your disability is temporary, severe or permanent, it will invariably present a range of challenges and financial demands. These may include repetitious and costly medications and medical care, the need for assisting equipment and medical rehabilitation services.Be aware that many at-fault parties and their insurance providers will apply slick maneuvers to get out of paying or to reduce their responsibility for the steep costs associated with permanent disabilities. It is therefore even more critical for an accident victim that has been disabled due to the recklessness of another to seek the most effective legal representation available. That mean attorneys with the skill and expertise of the legal team at the law firm of Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath.

What happens if I am Injured at Work?

Employers are mandated by law to provide safe environments and equipment for employees. As such, if an accident occurs while you are on the job, it is reasonable to expect to be compensated medical bills and continued income. However, work place injuries are litigated as workman’s compensation rather than as a personal injury case.Unfortunately, in some instances, an employer may choose to dispute the injury claim. When this occurs, the employee may need to pursue their case with the services of a qualified attorney.

Do I have a case if a family member was seriously hurt or killed?

In cases where a family member’s injury or death causes severe hardship for their loved one, family members have the legal right to file a case on their behalf.It is important to secure the services of an attorney to represent you in order to prove that you have the right to be compensated for the injury or death of a loved one whose former health and life were integral to the well-being of the family.

Find out more about your rights and whether you have a case by contacting the law firm of Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrate. For a free consultation call us at (561) 655-1990 or (561) 655-1990 or at for an online chat with our professional caring legal team.