How Product Liability Cases Work in Boca Raton
When it comes to product liability lawsuits, all parties of the manufacturing and distribution chain can be held liable for the defective or faulty product that caused you or your loved one harm. This may include the parts manufacturer, the assembling manufacturer, the wholesaler, and/or the retailer. A product liability lawyer will help you prove the negligence, strict liability, or breach of warranty that caused the injury.
A victim or their family members file product liability claims to recover financial compensation for both monetary and non-monetary losses. To legally claim damages in a product liability lawsuit, all of the following elements must be proven:
- The defective or faulty product was sold in the marketplace.
- The manufacturer or seller has a right to meet the basic expectations of customers.
- The product is defective.
- The product is unreasonably dangerous due to the defect.
- It is clear how a person was injured by the product defect or error.
- The injury caused actual damage or harm.
Proving all of these elements in a product liability case is difficult to do alone. A top product liability lawyer at Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath can answer any questions you have about your case and help you decide the best path forward.