What is a Mass Tort?
A single tort occurs when civil actions (rather than criminal) causes someone harm or loss. A mass tort occurs when those civil actions or negligence cause harm to multiple people, or in other words, is a case involving a large number of claims for a single issue.
Successfully Handling All Types of Mass Tort Litigation
Our Florida mass torts lawyers at Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath handle three types of mass tort litigation:
- Mass Disaster Litigation – A large accident, such as an airplane or train crash, could result in serious injury or death of many people. The person or business responsible for the accident depends on the direct cause of the accident. For example, it could be caused by a malfunction of the vehicle or the negligence or recklessness of the driver. A professional attorney can help you and others receive compensation for the consequences you faced as a result of the accident.
- Defective Products Litigation – This occurs when widespread injury or illness can be traced directly to a defective product, such as a medical device, drug, or surgical implant. Our mass torts attorneys in West Palm Beach can bring a mass tort claim against the defendant on behalf of the many people facing injury or illness.
- Mass Toxic Tort Litigation – When chemicals used in various products have toxic effects on consumers, it can result is mass toxic tort litigation. This usually involves claims that arise from negligent corporate or business practices. Some examples of the most common mass toxic tort litigation include:
- Agent Orange: used in Vietnam as a defoliant, but injured many soldiers and civilians
- Dioxin and DDT: pesticide ingredients that caused birth injuries and defects
- Asbestos: a chemical used in building material that caused mesothelioma, lung cancer, and other respiratory diseases.
Manufacturers and corporations have a duty to protect consumers. When they put their own profits over the safety of others, they must be held accountable for injuries and illnesses that could have been prevented.
Contact one of our Florida mass torts lawyers immediately if you and others believe you have been victims of large-scale negligence or carelessness.
At Lytal, Reiter, Smith, Ivey & Fronrath, we do everything we can to make complicated legal issues as simple as possible. We offer several options for learning more about mass tort actions in Florida. All of our contact information can be found HERE . You can also use the Live Chat on our Home Page to ask any questions or discuss any concerns you may have with one of our knowledgeable representatives. To speak to someone by phone, call our toll-free number 1800-654-2024.